The pop-up food industry is fast accelerating, with food festivals, markets and events becoming commonplace worldwide.
While running a pop-up food stall is a more flexible business venture than owning a brick-and-mortar restaurant, it also comes with its own set of challenges. One of those challenges, in particular, is trying to stand out in a sea of competitors.
A clever way to combat this is to ensure you have an effective menu for your food stall. Here’s where our cutting-edge menu creator software, Menuzen, comes into play.
For those who don’t know, Menuzen is the revolutionary online menu maker that’s making waves in the industry.
This free online software offers you the ultimate convenience to:
- Create your menu in Item Manager and Menu Manager by inputting and arranging your menu items.
- Design creative and simple menus in Menu Designer.
- Share your final menu through your social media, website, custom URL or QR code. By scanning your QR codes, waiting customers can view and browse your menu in a flash.
- Manage your menu quickly and easily. Whether you’re intending to adjust your prices or update your items as ‘sold out’, Menuzen’s technology ensures that all changes reflect live.
- Collaborate with other team members to create, design and manage your stall’s menu.
Tips For Creating & Designing Your Menu
There’s so much more that goes into compiling a menu to entice customers to your food stall. If you’re in the business, here are our tips and tricks:
- Exciting item descriptions – These will help your food stall to stand out from the rest. Descriptive words and sensory language can heighten the appeal of your menu items to customers. For instance, a menu item like ‘Greek donuts’ can be embellished as ‘Deep-fried Greek donuts drizzled with Nutella’.
- Add imagery – Building on our first point, you’ll want to intrigue the senses. Providing photos of your dishes helps you showcase your menu items in all their glory. Simply attach photos to your menu items when uploading them in Item Manager.
- Narrow down your menu – A large menu is an ambitious goal for any food and beverage business, let alone a pop-up food stall. If you know what sells best, stick with it. Food stalls with signature items are the ones that continually make profit and see the most returning customers.
- Don’t overcomplicate dishes – To impress customers, you may be tempted to come up with fancy ideas for your menu. However, this could very well be your downfall. You’re working with less space and manpower in a food stall than in a physical restaurant, meaning that keeping it simple is the best way to go.
- Engaging menu design – Feeling a little out of your depth in the design department? Don’t fret, Menuzen’s got your back. Our range of elegant-looking templates adhere to key design principles and are free to use. Simply browse and select your template of choice.
- Establish your brand – As one of the most important parts of your stall setup, your menu needs to reflect your brand. Luckily, Menuzen gives you the option to upload your custom logo and brand colours, which will appear on your published menu. We know how much these little touches can go a long way. With brand consistency comes brand recognition!
Sign Up To Menuzen For Free
There’s no better all-in-one platform than Menuzen to help you elevate your menu.
Plus, by sharing your menu ahead of events and festivals your food stall is scheduled to be at, you can let your loyal customers know when and where you’ll be.
Sign up for free and find out more about Menuzen here:
- Item Manager
- Menu Designer
- Menu Manager